Guest Post with Author Sharon Sant!

8:00 AM 1 Comments A + a -


Today, we have Sharon Sant, the author of the Sky Song trilogy here with us!


Sky Song – How a tiny idea can grow into a complete trilogy.


Sky Song started off as a younger children’s tale about a girl whose dad watched the skies every night for something.  I don’t even remember now what sparked off the initial idea.  Sometimes it can be a throwaway comment, a song lyric, a photo – the most unlikely thing.  Only the other day an idea came to me from a random comment made on Twitter!

The little girl in my story didn’t know what her father watched for, but it soon became clear to her that whatever it was, it didn’t belong to the world she was familiar with. As I thought about it, the idea seemed to morph, independently, into something completely different.  I started to ponder what could come from the starry heavens.  My first answer was aliens but, for me, that was too obvious.  Then I got to thinking about all the various belief systems that have stuck with humanity over the years of its evolution, and the one recurring theme was that the stars are linked with our destinies.  But what sort of destiny could come from the sky?  Cue aliens again!  And what would you do if your destiny called but you didn’t want it?  That’s the story at the heart of Sky Song.

As I worked the story out in my head, the little girl became a fifteen-year-old boy named Jacob.  Then came his friends and family.  They had to be awesome, ties so strong that there would have to be a really compelling reason for him to accept his new life.  So I built him a near-idyllic childhood and a perfect school record with amazing friends and devoted family.  Then I made him fall in love before I dropped the bombshell.  When you see a story begin to show its shape like this, it’s so exciting, and the story of Sky Song from there almost told itself.  It’s at times like these when being an author rocks!

The tale became more and more complex and epic as writing progressed and, pretty soon, I knew there would have to be more than one book to tell it.  So The Young Moon followed, then Not of Our Sky shortly afterwards (release planned for May 2013).

To find out more you can catch up with me on my website: www.sharonsant.com or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sharonjsant?ref=hl
Friend me on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6888220.Sharon_Sant
Tweet me on Twitter: @sharonsant
Or you can find out more about the books themselves on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sky-Song-The-trilogy-ebook/dp/B00B0CQWV8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362222379&sr=1-1



Sky Song

Author: Sharon Sant

Publisher: Amazon

Release Date: January 12, 2013

Summary (Goodreads):

A strange-eyed boy with no memory of his true identity or real parents, Jacob could have no idea of the mortal danger he has been in every day of his fifteen years. Now that danger has found him and suddenly he doesn't know who he can trust and what is real anymore. All he knows is that his new identity is almost as terrifying as the peril unleashing it has brought. Caught in the universal power struggle of an ancient race of beings and a destiny demanded of him that he does not want, he must fight to protect his own life and everyone he holds dear. 
But when the time comes, will he be strong enough to make the sacrifices that saving them will demand?




post signature

1 comments :

Write comments
30 March, 2013 delete

Thank you so much for letting me guest. :)

Reply
avatar

I love it when people comment! :D