From What I Remember by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas

8:58 PM 0 Comments A + a -

From What I Remember

Authors: Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas

Release Date: May 15, 2012

Publisher: Hyperion

Summary (Goodreads):

KYLIE: Tijuana WHAT? I should be putting the finishing touches on my valedictorian speech. Graduation is TODAY, and is this a wedding band on my finger.

MAX: It all started with Kylie's laptop and a truck full of stolen electronics. Okay, it was kind of hot, the way she broke us out like some chick in an action movie. But now we're stranded in Tijuana. With less than twenty-four hours before graduation. Awesome.

WILL: Saving Kylie Flores from herself is kind of a full-time occupation. Luckily, I, Will Bixby, was born for the job. And when I found out she was stuck in Mexico with dreamy Max Langston, sure, I agreed to bring their passports across the border -- but there's no reason to rush back home right away. This party is just getting started.

LILY: I just walked in on my boyfriend, Max Langston, canoodling with Kylie Flores, freak of the century. Still, I can't completely hold it against him. He NEEDS me. It's even clearer now. And I'm not giving him up without a fight.




My Thoughts:

This Book....

This book opens close to the end. Graduation Day. After we gauge the position Kylie's in, the story goes back to two days earlier. We learn how Kylie cam to end up in Tijuana/Ensenada with Max (the jerk) of all people. Let me tell you: it starts off with a stolen backpack. Max goes after Kylie and helps her, but you'll have to read to find out more on that front. This book was told in alternating points of views, mostly between Kylie and Max, but also with some inputs of Will, Lily, and Kylie's little brother Jake.

I thought this book was absolutely a great read! Kylie has a stubborn character to me, and I loved that about her. Sometimes I get tired of the girl characters that let the guys/men do everything for them, ya know? Max obviously likes that in her, too (read the book!). I think that Stacy and Valerie developed all of their characters extremely well. I know I saw this a lot, but I found myself wanting to meet all of the characters in this story. Sigh. Why can't fictional characters be real? but, it's the truth.

This book was witty and humorous to the level that I found myself laughing in almost every chapter. I think that the movie quotes at the beginning of each chapter were also a nice touch and describe each chapter they were before well. But, don't go into this book, thinking it'll be a laugh the whole time! There was also some said parts in it regarding Jake and Kylie's dad and also with Max's dad, and I felt myself sympathizing with Lily in it for some of the stuff that happens to her.

So. The results are in. I completely and whole-heartily believe that this book deserves five hearts.


5 hearts

I love it when people comment! :D